Saturday, April 26, 2008

Parents should have realistic expectations.

Yesterday Mom told me, "Karsten, tomorrow I'm bringing you a purple ball." Well, tomorrow came and look what she brought me, it's a purple ball alright, but how am I supposed to play with this thing? For crying out loud, I'm a baby and this thing is huge. I can't wait to see my first toy car, she'll will most likely bring me home an old Volkswagen. Of course. that's not to say my father is the voice of reason, I heard him say to another father two days ago that a rifle is a very appropriate gift for a seven year old. At least I have my loyal readers to help me should things get, well.... any more weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karsten, dear,
Your independent thinking will endear you to many, after they look beyond the superficial attractions of your wonderful eyes (and smile, when you choose) and your undoubtably cuddly self.
I look forward to collecting more data to support my assertion.
Love,
Aunt Kirsten

Karsten said...

I will see you at the Baby Shower. And you had better bring something nice, like a normal sized ball!