Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wright City's Claim to Fame?



Well, my quest for the crown jewel of Wright City may be complete. If you happen to be on I-70 either heading toward or just leaving St.Louis you may want to stop at the Wright City Phillips 66. Not only can you get gas, you can get some very decent food for a gas station. They have breakfast as well as Chesterfield's Fried Chicken. Now as you know, they take their fried chicken very seriously in the south. And as the south, or at least the southern accents begin on the south side of I-70, The Wright City Phillips 66 may be the farthest north southern chicken place you can find. And, if you get there early enough, you can talk to Gisela, a local resident and immigrant from the Fatherland. She is a very nice lady and I was very sad to say tschus to her.


In other news, Opa is a bit of a sneak. Oma made me this very nice ice cream cone and I was really looking forward to at least licking it as I can't eat the cone, I left my dentures on Saipan. And Opa said he would help me, but then the sneak put me to sleep and I believe ate my ice cream. Of course he denies it and everbody claims to have seen nothing, but I'll be watching him!

No comments: