Friday, March 21, 2008

You betcha' its a Good Friday!

O.k., I bet your wondering why I am weighing in on the topic of religion. As I have learned in my month on this planet, few things are more divisive than religion and politics, that is why I am avoiding them (for the most part). I want to talk about why I think that this Friday is so good, the NCAA Men's College Basketball Championships. Yep, it's that time of year again where we as a nation can forget about the horrible treatment of an innocent population by an occupying army in the Middle East (The Roman 2000 years ago, not the American today you thin skinned, really stupid Bush supporters!). So, forget all your cares and watch some kids who worked hard all season lay it out for a week or two. And, if you get a few this solemn weekend while your watching some great kids play ball, remember the kids who are fighting a war to keep Exxon and Haliburton stockholders rich. Maybe drop a prayer to whoever to keep them safe.

BTW- I promise to do a better job of avoiding these subjects in the future!

No comments: