Thursday, January 3, 2008

Debbie Boone and False Advertising

At my house, we can streaming XM radio due to the generosity of my Opa Lewis. Anyway, we listen quite a bit and I especially like the one hit wonders station. It makes me happy to know even those with limited talent but loads of drive can have a song on the radio. Anyway, you may be asking yourself by now, what does all this have to do with Debbie Boone and bikini bottoms. Well, here's the connection. We were listening to the one hit wonders and Debbie Boone comes on with her song, You Light Up My Life. It's a very nice song about a young girl in love. I was all happy inside until my parents began to talk about how every body was fooled into thinking this was a song about young love, when in fact it was a song about loving God. Now,I love God and God loves me and all that, but I can't stand false advertising. I felt like such a heretic thinking of young love when I should have been thinking about Agape love. I was quick to voice my opinion by kicking. I show my displeasure by kicking. Of course, I show my pleasure by kicking as well. Now admittedly, it is not a very good system, but nobody has bothered to teach me Morse Code. Anyway, She should have prefaced this song with a little speech like, this is my love song to God, something! Short of that, she should have performed in something like the bikini bottoms with John 3:16 as shown above to give the audience a clue, you know back then, not now, nobody wants to see that!

No comments: