Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Funny who ya meet.


Today, Mom found out that she was in Labor, but it is latent. What does that mean, I guess it means I won't drop on the floor right now, but I'm being evicted sometime soon. So, after the doctor my parents went to get a pizza. At the pizza shop they meant a very gracious person named Bill Shippey. Mr Shippy is on island from Guam to teach classes on regulatory compliance, or, now to avoid getting really big fines from the government. Very nice man with quite the interesting life. In talking, he revealed that not only was he the first African American to climb the Grand Tetons, but he was also visited
Whiting, Iowa in 1973 and by all accounts had a wonderful time at the border of nowhere and oblivion. If you would like to hear Bill, you can catch him on his radio show , Straight Talk with Bill Shippey, by streaming KPRG 12 p.m. Chamorro Time at http://www.kprg.org/. I will kick my Mom in the ribs until she tunes in, and you should too.

No comments: