Monday, January 21, 2008

Make your dreams come true

As we celebrate the legacy of Dr. King today, I think it is important to remember dreams. Dr. King's dream came to pass, more or less. Imagine the dreams he might have given us should he not have been struck down. Since you are still here and I will be on the scene soon, we need to keep dreaming. It was my parents dream to live on a tropical island. It affords us a lot of opportunities, like taking me to the beach so I can feel and hear the waves. But they are not done dreaming, who knows where the next dream will take our family. Maybe it will be a dream about 1001 Arabian Nights. Maybe it will be a dream about floating down the Mississippi, who knows? You can and should dream too, no matter how old or young or restricted by an umbilical cord you are. Keep dreaming, and you will stay free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dreams and desires are never lacking or in shortage at our house. Just the other day Ethan thought it would be good if I would paint a car. He also dreams of having a pet. I guess he forgot that we got him the orange cat name Blue!

Beth