Monday, February 18, 2008

Love-A-Rama

My Mom and Dad have been exposing me to a lot of music. My dad has been playing for me music of his people, Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Strauss, etc, etc. Mom has also been playing me the music of her people, Bluegrass. Now, say what you want, but bluegrass has three advantages over Germanic high culture. One, its never been used to promote an ethos of superiority. Two, it's all AMERICAN, and nobody is more American that me, with the possible exceptions of John Wayne and Superman (Yes, to all those Republican's out there, I know Superman was an illegal immigrant but nobodies perfect). Three, with the exception of Jazz, it is the only modern music form that a musician can display virtuosity.
But, unfortunately for my parents, the apple is already rolling away from the tree. I don't know what I will prefer tomorrow, but today I like me some Rockabilly. So, sit back, relax, and listen to the sweet strains of Love-A-Rama:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the photos coming. We love to see them!!!!! Karsten is one of the best looking babies we have ever seen. Love :-) Gindts

Anonymous said...

Conrgats Tom and Kerry! Karsten is beautifullly handsome! Celebrity babies have nothing on karsten. Shiloh who? Sorry Suri!!!

Sharleen